Subscribe to our Growing Gardeners YouTube Channel

Sunday 28 December 2008

Don't overthink design...

Its good to have things put into a bit of perspective. I spend so much time planning gardens, trying to choose the right combination of plants and elements, contemplating balance, harmony and contrast, will the garden have seasonal interest, are the plants going to flourish in the conditions they will find themselves in...etc...etc. It sometimes seems like there is so much to be aware of in creating a beautiful garden.



But in the last couple of days, I've had time to relax. In the process, I've just happened on a couple of places as I've driven past that I think are beautiful just as they are, and I couldn't have planned them any better if I spent hours thinking about it.

It just reminds me that beauty is all around us, even amongst the weeds. Beautiful design is everywhere if we open our eyes to it, and often simple is so, so much better.

4 comments:

Pam Kersting said...

Those are my thoughts exactly! It's good to live in the moment and enjoy the hear and now! Nice post!

Pam Kersting said...

This is so true! I couldn't agree with you more. How wonderful it is to find unexpected treasures such as this. It reminds us to live in the moment!

stoneware70 said...

Thanks Pam...

Bay Area Tendrils said...

Enjoying your blog!

Home Made Pest Control Solution(s)

I'm really not a big fan of pesticides or chemicals. Actually, that's putting it mildly...I hate pesticides. They are almost always ...